a:4:{s:8:"template";s:7442:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}
";s:4:"text";s:5907:"Making IE the default browser in Windows 10 ... \Windows\Temp we now have a file with the default ... user account and IE was the default and was able to change it. I Change Windows 10 Default Web Browser. If I do it second, then .html files automatically open in Internet Explorer, which is not what I want. jerryjvl Jun 9 '09 at 6:31 I find it annoying having to make Firefox my default browser on new installs. I monitored the WIN7 registry changes made when changing defaults from IE9 to FF to Chrome and wrote my own reg files. Since each user is different, I have the Excel file set up with several drop down boxes where the user selects his or her options and then Excel creates the batch file and puts it in You could use file association to define the default browser. The issue is that anytime you apply IE patches or version upgrades, IE will be reset as default. I have tried various batch files at this point to automatically set Internet Explorer as the default browser after Chrome opens, and then set Notepad++ as the default. Is there a batch or registry file to do this? ... but have you considered creating a batch script or similar solution? Is it possible to create a batch file that can check which internet browser is the default one? To change the default web browser in Windows 10, ... How To Change The Default Browser In ... How To Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Deleting Files; Can't speak for Win 10 though. Just tested in 10 and didn't have any A cmd... General Discussion: How to Create a Batch file for last logged on for a remote use So I am looking to create some kind of batch file or script where I can click on it....it asks for the machine name, I enter it and then it displays Finally, restart Firefox. Otherwise find the key in the registry and change it by installing a .reg file. I didn't mean to slight anyone. As you can see, Edge is currently set as the default. Run a startup script for users that launches chrome.exe with the --make-default-browser switch. I do apologize. That brings you directly to Settings > System > Default apps, where the Web browser option is already highlighted. prompt appears, click "Yes" to make Firefox the default browser. Solved: Quick-change default browser? When the "Would you like to make [Firefox] your default browser?" Run a startup script for users that launches chrome.exe with the --make-default-browser switch. Or just click Choose a default browser from the top of the search results. How to automate setting Chrome as default browser Windows 10? Is it possible to create a batch file that can check which internet browser is the default one? Yes you are correct about the IE option in Internet Options Ankita. Click "OK". The goal is to create a batch file in the Startup folder that will open the user's desired applications/websites that are normally opened each day to automate the process. Before that, I have to open IE and click Yes when it says "Set IE as default browser?" And, I realize the solution was not completely applicable but it got me started down the right road. But here my customer wanted to have the IE as the default browser even though a user selects different browser as the default. Can you add some detail about why you are trying to do this to give some context? I am working on a command-line tool, and I want to want to open a URL within the default browser within a Windows environment. In the search field type: default browser and hit Enter. @Synetech The default browser for .url might not be the same as for http etc but that kind of configuration is very uncommon and in those cases there is not really a default browser, there are multiple, so there is no 100% correct answer (Unless you are asking about a specific type, my example had to pick one and used .html). How to change Chrome default homepage via reg ... How to change Chrome default homepage via reg key or batch file: ... to IE 9 and use Chrome as an alternate browser. Perhaps some may find this useful: One of my customers wanted assistance to set the Internet Explorer as the default browser through group policy even Set Default Browser in Registry (Correctly handles .URL files) - posted in Scripts and Functions: I wrote this because I was unable to find any working tools on He wanted it to be Original title: I have a batch file and I changed the default opener of the batch file, HOW do I reset it so my batch file functions correctly again? Solved: Quick-change default browser? ... but have you considered creating a batch script or similar solution? With these batch files I would run one of them, enter a time, enter a description and that was it. Close all Firefox windows (for best results, restart the system). ... click the "Browser" button in the "change icon ... however change the icons of all batch files ... running such a file. Original title: I have a batch file and I changed the default opener of the batch file, ... HOW do I reset the default Program to open batch files? Set Firefox as Default browser using batch script. Need help to create batch file for IE with following settings. Perhaps some may find this useful: One of my customers wanted assistance to set the Internet Explorer as the default browser through group policy even How to change Chrome default homepage via reg ... Chrome default homepage via reg key or batch file: ... to IE 9 and use Chrome as an alternate browser. They seem to work just fine and require a single click to change default Check the "Firefox should check to see if it is the default browser when starting" option. E.g: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application>chrome.exe --make-default-browser This seems to work on Win 7. How to automate setting Chrome as default browser Windows 10? E.g: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application>chrome.exe --make-default-browser This seems to work on Win 7. Can't speak for Win 10 though. ";s:7:"keyword";s:36:"batch file to change default browser";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}